Florida Community Health Worker Training Center (CHW Learning Academy)
As a CHW leader, the Florida Community Health Worker Coalition plays an important role in:
- Offering workforce training opportunities.
- Providing technical assistance to local health departments (LHDs), community partners, and governmental organizations.
- Building individual and community capacity to improve health and reduce social and economic barriers which contribute to disparities.
Training and Education-- CHWs and other health professionals should keep learning, and enhancing their skills which aid in improving health outcomes. Through the Florida Community Health Worker Training Center is a resource for creating shared learned opportunities statewide and regionally through educational session and training program.
- Over 1,000 community health worker (CHWs) on how to help improve the community's health;
- 300 traditional and non-traditional public health professionals and;
- Health organizations and payers about including CHWs into team based care and outreach.
Technical Assistance -- We help organizations and community partners achieve their organizational and community health goals through technical assistance and support. Our work aims to help others integrate CHWs into the workplace, engage communities, develop associations, and implement strategies. Through multi-sector partnerships we are able to ensure under-resourced communities get ongoing health services and resources, and care necessary to maintain healthy lives.